This is a great week for Minch recipes, first we had Aunt Karen's chicken & then Aunt Karen sent Uncle Robert's asparagus salad. All the Minches are notoriously good cooks, Grandma being the best but Uncle Robert is some what of a master in the kitchen. This is a fantastic summer side dish, I am very excited about it because I love asparagus. The photo by the way was taken in 1959, Uncle Robert is the little blonde, my dad is the goofy dark haired one & Aunt Karen is the baby. My dad's cousin Susanne just sent this picture, as you can see I was thrilled to get it! On to the recipe:
1 lb. fresh asparagus
1 head romaine
3 pimientos, diced ( I add more)
3 green onions, chopped
1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne ( I use 1/8 tsp. it is very spicy using 1/4 tsp.)
1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 T. lemon juice
2 T. salad oil
Cook, drain and chill asparagus spears. Break romaine into large salad bowl, add diced pimientos, green onions, and mushrooms. Mix together sesame seeds, pepper, cayenne, lemon juice and oil. Add asparagus spears to salad. Pour sesame seeds and oil mixture over salad. Makes 6 servings.
1 head romaine
3 pimientos, diced ( I add more)
3 green onions, chopped
1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne ( I use 1/8 tsp. it is very spicy using 1/4 tsp.)
1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 T. lemon juice
2 T. salad oil
Cook, drain and chill asparagus spears. Break romaine into large salad bowl, add diced pimientos, green onions, and mushrooms. Mix together sesame seeds, pepper, cayenne, lemon juice and oil. Add asparagus spears to salad. Pour sesame seeds and oil mixture over salad. Makes 6 servings.

1 comment:
Love the photo !
Post a Comment