When I was a kid we lived in Oklahoma on the same street as the Eckles. Beckie and I were best friends with the Eckles kids and we loved sleeping over at their house. They had a Nintendo and we loved playing with Matt, Meredith and Warren. We also loved that in the morning Karen Eckles (their mom) would make us chocolate chip pancakes and we even got to eat ice cream on top! Today is Karen's birthday and I thought a nice way to wish my friend a Happy Birthday was to share a chocolate chip pancake recipe. (Maybe only add the ice cream if it is your birthday!)4 Tablespoons melted butter
1 cup of fat free half and half (you could probably use whole milk here but I always have this on hand!)
2 eggs
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flower (this helps make them not too sweet)
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 pinches of salt
1 cup of chocolate chips (I like to use a mix of milk, dark and white like my mom does in her cookies)
Combine wet ingredients in one bowl, set a side, then combine dry. Slowly mix them together. Add the chocolate chips.
Use about 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake, pour on to a medium high heat griddle (that has been buttered). Cook on each side for about 1-2 minutes, until golden brown. Serve with syrup, butter and powdered sugar, peanut butter (for a reese's effect) or ice cream if it's your birthday.
Happy Birthday Karen!
If you love that birthday banner you can get your own over at The Jewel in my Crown.

1 comment:
Thanks Jessie for the shout out! I love chocolate chip pancakes. They are my husbands fav! Melody
Post a Comment