
Your Trick or Treaters will be coming tonight. I am really excited to pass out candy with Matt and see all the cute kids in their costumes.
Here are some of my favorite Halloween recipes from last year that would be fun for today.
~If you carved a pumpkin, be sure to roast your pumpkin seeds. These add great crunch to salads.
~It might be cold where you live, so rather than putting the kids to bed with bellies full of candy, make a pumpkin soup.
~If carving pumpkins is not your thing, decorate some of Terry and Jessica's amazing sugar cookies. (These really are the best ever!)
~If you know your neighbor kids make these great sweet and salty caramel apples, better yet make them for the adults! (I'll be home if anyone wants to bring me one!)
~If you do want to make a homemade treat that the kids can help with try Mother Green's Gooey Goobers. (This always makes me laugh now, Mother Green was my friend Marianne's mom, now I keep thinking my little sister will be Mother Green too, in just 3 months!)
~If its cold out, the candy givers will need something warm to drink. I think this spiced apple cider is perfect, add a touch of rum!
Happy Halloween! I hope everyone has fun and is safe! Send me pictures of your kids in their costumes to use next year.

No comments:
Post a Comment