Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Easy Apple Pie

On Sunday Matt's family came over for dinner.  I was not as prepared as I had hoped to be and it was 3:30, I was at the grocery store and everyone was coming over at 5.  I still wanted to do desert and I saw a can of Comstock apples.  I called my Aunt Deb, who is a master at deserts to see what I could do.  We decided on an apple pie with a crumbled struessel topping.  
You will need
A premade frozen pie crust (I keep the Marie Calendar's ones in my freezer)
1 can of Comstock Apples Pie Filling
4 tablespoons of butter softened
6 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon Cinnamon

Place the apples in the pie crust.  In a bowl combine with your fingers the flour, sugar and Cinnamon.  Slowly add the butter until it is crumbly.  You might not need it all.  Top the apples with mixture.  Preheat the oven to 400 and bake for 35-40 minutes, until the crust is brown.  Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.  (Hopefully your niece is over to test the whipped cream like Lily was for me!)

1 comment:

Donna said...

Lily looks so cute and I'm sure your pie was delicious !