
On Tuesday Megan and ran over to Penzey's at lunch. Two of my favorite things to buy at Penzey's are the dip mixes. The chip and dip mix is like a fancy French Onion dip. (I like to have this around to whip up quick snacks) My other favorite is the Horseradish Dip mix. Typically I make this up to serve with a beef tenderloin or on roast beef sandwiches. However today in the store I was given a new dip recipe, I have adapted this a little to make it lower calorie and fit ingredients I thought would be on hand. (If you do make it into Penzey's one of my favorite little gifts for the neighbors at Christmas is to write out a favorite recipe on a pretty card & give them a bottle of the main spice with it.)
1 tablespoon Horseradish Dip Mix
2 tablespoons water
8 ounces low fat cream cheese at room temperature
1/3 cup low fat sour cream
1 tablespoons chili powder
4 ounces crab meat
Mix the dip powder with the water. Let stand 5 minutes. Mix the cream cheese and sour cream together. Add the chili powder to the horseradish mix, blend into cream cheese. Fold in crab meat. Serve with toasted pita chips.

No comments:
Post a Comment